Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Unit 10 - Class Reflection


In Unit 3 we were asked to reflect on the areas of psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being.

 I gave myself an 8 for my physical well-being. Now, I would still give myself an 8 because I am still working on getting a set workout plan for myself instead of being all over the place trying something new every other day. I actually believe that consistency is the key in physical well-being. I just need to be more specific about what I will do from day to day and build a schedule so that I am better able to stick to it.

I also rated my spiritual well-being at an 8 and I would still give myself the same rating again. I have started reading my Bible more now than I was before this class and it is almost like reading it for the first time all over again. There are so many life lessons within the pages of the Bible and I plan to continue my familiarization with it. There is more to be learned so I am far from a 10.

I previously rated my psychological well-being at a 7 and now I would rate it at an 8. Through this class I have learned to intersect my mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. I have a better understanding of how all aspects of my well-being work together to create wholeness within my entire body. With this understanding I believe I have moved to a rating of an 8 from a 7.

As far as the goals I set for myself in unit 3, I can honestly say that I have made definite progress towards each one of them. I have made myself more familiar with my Bible, I am beginning to offer tips on health and wellness information to my co-workers as a Regional Engagement Leader for our newly started wellness program. I also set up biometric screenings for all employees so we can all have a better picture of where we are in regards to blood pressure, BMI, triglyceride levels, LDL and HDL levels, and our actual heights and weights. Though I have not lost much weight (2 lbs.) I can honestly say that I have lost a total of 3 inches around my waist. I have not yet joined a Cross fit class but I have found a new church home and have begun to research different fitness certifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment