Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Loving Kindness vs. Subtle Mind

OK, after having a very long week and weekend I decided that listening to the Subtle Mind exercise would help to rejuvenate me and calm my mind racing. While I did like the Loving Kindness exercise because it allowed me to focus my thoughts and love on someone else other than myself, I truly enjoyed the Subtle Mind exercise. I say this because I am one who really listens to the background noises and music played while the narrator is talking. The sound of the ocean waves was so calming and refreshing that I pretty much zoned out and only heard that. I did hear the faint sound of a musical instrument as well but man oh man, hearing those waves took me back to summer nights when my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) and I would walk along the lakefront and find a nice spot to sit and just be in the present! This type of exercise allows me to visualize more effectively because instead of hearing constant talking, I hear the background sounds and am able to transfer my thoughts to that place that reminds me of what I hear.

The connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness is undeniable, at least to me. I believe when I have prayed and have given all things up to God, both my physical and mental wellness is so much better. This is why I believe it all begins and ends with the spirituality aspect of things. When my spirit is in the right place, I don't worry about things and my body feels a sense of relief because I am not worrying and stressed out about worldly things. Though I do not make it to church on a very regular basis, I am very much in touch with my spiritually and am able to make that spiritual connection with God in my own way. I am a firm believer that you don't have to be in church to show how thankful you are for your blessings. You also do not have to wait until Sunday to do so. I am making my connection with God on an everyday basis and this is healthy for both my mind and my body.

3 comments:

  1. I can really relate to your post I am also a very spiritual person. I hope you continue to be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!:) I love to worship God every day, walking, reading my bible, writing, doing dishes! You name it, you can praise God during that time! I also feel better after having that connection with God, and having some time of peace.

    Thanks!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog. I agree when our spiritual being is in tune our emotional and physical fall into place. Glad you enjoyed the subtle mind exercise, I enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete